Sunday, June 8, 2008

You're only young once.

Picture this. Jenna, Duncan, Avra, and Tell stagger off of a very cramped tro-tro after an hour's ride on the bumpiest road known to man (worse than Judd’s Bridge has ever been) onto the grounds of Green Turtle Lodge. The fav four has been traveling since 6 a.m. and the afternoon heat is really getting to them. As they walk down the path that leads to the oasis they are greeted by Kindy, Austin, Zach, and Kim. The mood brightens a bit with the new twist of the company of more friends and from there the weekend blossoms.

I was feeling a bit like a novelist when I began tonight but it quickly died. I will just give you the play-by-play as usual instead. Thursday afternoon we jumped right into our suits and swam and played soccer all afternoon. Avra and I ran down to the village and back before having an amazing dinner of pasta and bbq swordfish with banana fritters for dessert. There were several other groups of students there and we all mingled together and ended up star-gazing for some time before bed. I wok e up early Friday, as I always do on the beach, and got down to finishing up Harry Potter. I may have made that sound like I was close to done, but I wasn't. By early afternoon I had finished, not only Harry Potter, but some scrambled eggs and two things of tea. Again we all played soccer for a bit and swam before Kindy and her crew left. A few more students showed up just as it began to sprinkle and we resorted to playing a few games of chess and yahtzee under cover. The dinner special on Friday was tuna pasta and chicken stir-fry with a chocolate banana for dessert. I couldn't complain. Saturday was the rainy day we have all been waiting for (usually it just rains hard for a bit and then heats up again). There were a few hours it cleared up enough to swim and throw the frisbee and such, but mostly we were doomed to study a little and play games. The gang ate together in what would be our last travel meal and went to bed happy. Today we got up and ate breakfast, swam, and packed up to leave around noon. We got back to campus around 7:30 p.m. and devoured night market dinner. Duncan made a nice toast to our group and another, final, successful trip. It is going to be missed.

This week is going to be a lot of studying, packing, and goodbyes. Tomorrow will be relatively boring but I will try to keep everyone entertained. I have finally figured out my schedule for the summer (mostly) for anyone who wants to see me. I will be home Sunday June 15th at night and be there until Thursday June 19th at night. I will be in Florida with Stephen until the 30th and then back in CT for week before I leave to work on soccer camps. I should be back again for a few days before school on Aug. 24th but have no idea where I will be in between. You're only young once, right?

P.S. Leigh- love your comments. miss you.

No comments: