Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why I did not blog yesterday.

I had planned to blog last night after Duncan finished using my computer for his resume. Avra and I were lying on the bed just joking around with Duncan when we decided to spoon. At first the idea was just a little joke, but we were apparently pretty comfortable considering we both passed out and woke up about 20 min. later to find Duncan gone. I was way too tired and used to sleeping to get back up so I waited until this morning to write.

Yesterday was another successful day. After dance, where Tell and I finished half of our exam, Avra and I went on a shopping spree. We went to downtown Accra and actually, literally, lost ourselves amongst the sellers. When we finally reemerged on the main road we went to the cultural center and bought a TON of gifts. I think I am pretty much set now, though, which is quite the relief. I had stuffed my backpack full of goodies to trade (a few religious shirts from Aunt Ju-Ju, two of my old soccer jerseys, and a Yankees hat) but was disappointed when no one would trade. On our way to the tro-tro station we were followed by a man selling masks and Avra asked if he wanted a football jersey- he said yes and, before I really knew what was going on, we had traded one of my old jerseys for a cool African mask! Hopefully, I will be able to do some more of that.

The traffic back to campus was pretty bad so I didn't really make it in time for basketball, but Tell was going to meet me around 7 to go running. I watched the other boys play for a bit and then Edem stayed and waited for Tell with me. Avra, Duncan, Tell and I had a nice dinner with the leftovers from Danielle's house and then we all passed out.

I had my last dance class today. I took a bunch of pictures and videotaped our dancing so everyone at home will be able to see. The rest of the day is going to be used to catch up on loaded pictures and respond to some emails. I got a card from Meja in the mail that sang "I'm walking on sunshine" and postcard from Mom and Dad which made my morning. I think today will have to be another good day.

3 comments:

Bryan&Tracy said...

Hey Jenna!
I sent you something in the mail yesterday...hopefully it will get there before you leave! However I realized I never signed it so you'll just have to know it's from me :)
Talk to you soon! Thanks for calling on my b-day!!!

Meja Churyk said...

Where are you?....I've been waiting to read another blog!
Love you!

Meja Churyk said...

Still waiting...It's now Friday night at 9:00PM, Where are you?