Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Has anyone ever told you that you look like George Bush?

Not until yesterday has that ever happened. I told the boy that I would not take that as a compliment because Mr. Bush is an old MAN. The best part is, that wasn't the most embarrassing part of the day. In the class that I was leaving when I got that amazing comparison, my teacher asked the entire class if there were any Americans in the room. As usual, I was the only American and consequently had to stand in front of a 300 person class and talk about myself. The attention that was drawn to me resulted in a Ghanaian boy chatting me up after class. That was when the comment happened. Festus, as I later learned was him name, did try and bandage is insult by saying that he felt all white people looked alike (this may explain why Avra and I have been asked 3 times already if we are sisters). Lets hope that doesn't happen again.

Other than that, yesterday was just another day. I got up early to play pick-up soccer, went to dance class (where, if I do say so myself, I am really improving), hung out for a bit and got some lunch, went to history class, finished my book, and went to geography. Today was just as uneventful with nutrition class, lunch, and drumming. I figured now that things have calmed down a bit I don't have to blog everyday.

Thinking about going to a beach party tonight but need to get out of my lazy mood. Tomorrow I only have one class so Avra and I may go to the beach or something. The pick-up soccer we are playing is organized by my friend Dan (the one who met us in Kakum) and we are just having a few practices so that in two weeks we can have a match against the Liberian refugee camp. It should be really interesting and I am sure we will lose, but in the end it is all worth it. Thanks to everyone writing on my blog, I miss you all.

Also, to my delight, I got a card in the mail today from my Mom. She sent it on the 11th so it seems like it takes just about 2 weeks to get here. The postage was 90 cents for the normal card (for all of my broke college friends who need to know).

No comments: