It is hot in Ghana. Really hot. I am safe, though, and relatively stress free. I have to admit, the 10 hour flight and welcome in Africa was a little nerve racking, especially when we arrived to find our rooms quite dirty and nothing like our pampered rooms at Elon. Avra, Ivy, Megan, Michelle, and I did alright keeping positive, though. We quickly exchanged our money and bought cleaning supplies. After unpacking we wandered campus (both beautiful and huge) and eventually ended at the International Programs Office, where we met our angel. Jessica was an international student last year and offered to show us around for the next few days. We had some true Ghanaian food for lunch (fried plantains being my favorite) and now we are headed dinner with a whole group of international students. I found out I should have 24 hour internet access in my dorm soon so I can really keep in touch and my roommate will probably not arrive for a few weeks. Miss you all!
Jenna <3
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hope you're finding a way to beat the heat and that you are enjoying the first day of your semester-long adventure. Mom
I've been checking in periodically. Glad you made it there safely. I was on-line this morning and looked up the weather, it said it was 89 degrees in Accra. Well, it was only 3 degrees this moring when I dropped the girls off at the babysitter's! Enjoy, have fun and be safe! Miss you and love you!
~Meja
glad to see you made it there in one piece... and even better you have 24 hr internet access hahah :)
is it really that hot! what is the humidity like? does it ever rain? sounds like my kind of weather.
Post a Comment