Today I went to class, which of course did not happen. I also spent the afternoon running with Avra and Tell. Tell decided he would tag along in his sandals and shorts a size too small. To say the least, we were stared at. People here do not really workout so running is always frowned upon, but three of us drew quite a bit of attention. It may have been increased to a new height when Tell tripped on a rock and actually fell on the ground! I, and all the Ghanaians around me had to laugh. We went to dinner tonight for our friend Kindy's birthday, but got really ripped off at the restaurant because the prices weren't posted.
Avra and I are going to Cape Coast tomorrow morning for the whole weekend. It should be quite an adventure. Our friend Duncan is coming too so we can have a "man to protect us". We plan to visit the slave castles and to walk the canopy above the rain forest. It should be a really good time. See you Sunday!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jenna~
How sad is this- I just figured out how to get to your blog...It sounds like your having a WONDERFUL experience! With it being 21 degrees today (snow tomorrow)I can close my eyes and almost feel the African heat and hear the roaring lions! This moment of your life will be etched in your memory forever...
Looking forward to hearing about your weekend. Take care of yourself.
with much love~ Aunt Kim
make sure to say hi to my local elephant friends... -Cam
p.s. where are the freaking emails
Hey,Jenna I am glad to read that your ambition and excitement for life is not just contained with in our border's .Take the "Dark continent" Jenna!The experience your having now for most of Us are only but in dream's.Papa Give's his love and I can't wait to hear more of your adventure!Love Uncle Curt
Post a Comment