Thursday, April 3, 2008

"I have African dirt in my skin...I am going to die." -Avra

Avra tripped today...over nothing. We were walking and she fell on the ground, and stayed there. It was a good laugh, and as usual everyone stared. When she noticed her hand was bleeding a little bit a slight panic attack followed, but we are all safe now.

I was planning to spend my day doing a bit of studying and preparing for my exam, but my plans faltered when Avra and I realized we needed to renew our visas before we became illegal. We were both a little cranky to have to be spending more money and going downtown but we soon got worse when we found our efforts to yield little results. The International Programs Office needs to provide us with a letter to renew our visas and apparently that takes a week to do. Thank god for a grace period.

I did get a bit done before I went to play basketball again. The same boys were there this afternoon and they invited me to play immediately. I think I will keep trying to play every day so they can be my new friends :)

Oh! Made French toast with bananas for breakfast with Avra. It really was amazing.

Got to talk with Leigh on skype. It was awesome! I hope more of you would like to talk, I love hearing from home and I miss you all.

Please leave some more comments so I know people other than my mom are reading. I like to hear what you think and would lovvvve some of your stories. :)

No comments: