Our two days of relaxation ended with a little bit of stress. Mom, Dad, Avra and I spent all day Sunday at a hotel pool, munching on snacks and taking in the sun. It was a great way to spend the day and, as Mom pointed out, it was still quite the experience. Monday I went with Avra to pick up her Mom and then spent the day in class and such. Mom and Dad walked around campus and took pictures of things- Mom had to get some of the library! We left for dinner with a bunch of my friends around 7. Duncan, Tell, Jesse, Amanda, Kindy, Avra, Avra's Mom, Dad, Mom, and I went to Monsoon for dinner. Monsoon is a restaurant in Osu which serves all sorts of different game and amazing meals. We all had a really enjoyable time and the food was amazing. Unfortunately, Mom, Dad, and I had to leave in a bit of a hurry to make sure they got to the airport.
Here is where the stress began. There was no power on campus when we returned so my parents had to change in the dark and get there things together. Dad was a little stressed because, like me, when he travels he gets like that (also, he was leaving me in Africa so I think it may have been a little hard) so he was rushing a bit. I said a quick goodbye and went back to my room to find my Dad's sleep machine still sitting in my room! For all of you that know him, this would be quite the disaster not to have so I grabbed a bit of money and made a run for it. I told my taxi to get there as fast as he could, but he seemed to take his time and was singing and grooving the whole way. I got into the airport to find the most Obrunis I have ever seen. Luckily, Dad was wearing an orange shirt so I spotted them. In dramatic style I set down the bag with them and gave them final hugs.
The taxi took me back to my life in Ghana and I feel asleep sweating- as no fans were working!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I totally appreciate your bringing the sleep machine to the airport, especially now that we are stuck in Mali for the night! You are an absolutely awesome daughter!
~ Mom
Oh my gosh, Jenna....you make me laugh! I can only imagine the stress you were under! You are one amazing person! I love you.
~Meja
Post a Comment