Friday, April 4, 2008

"Jenna, do you want to help take out my braids?"..."Umm, I think I will pass"

I sit watching my roommate and her friends unbraid her hair. They say this may take hours but it seems to be moving rather fast. We are listening Christian rock and talking about my life at home. It is quite enjoyable and a nice way to finish the good day I have had.

Avra and I made oatmeal and fried eggs before setting off to try and renew our visas. When we say we have to go downtown think about trying find somewhere in New York City where people don't really understand what you are saying. Also, add the fact that everyone wants to talk to you and be your friend because you are white. It was quite the adventure.

When we finally got back to campus we were tired to say the least so I read Harry Potter until it was time to play basketball again. Some of the same boys were playing and it was nice that the recognized me and invited me to play. One boy, Kevin, has been my teammate every time and not once asked for my phone number or where I live or anything- what a relief!

Tomorrow I am going to travel to Kumasi with my friends Corinne and Heather and their Ghanaian friend who is from there. We should be back late Sunday so expect more stories then.

2 comments:

Meja Churyk said...

Okay, I just got caught up on all your adventures over the last month. Jared went out for the night and the girls are in bed so my time was dedicated to you. Sorry I haven't checked in sooner. Life's been crazy here! Julia turned 5 last week! Can you believe it? I remember you coming to the hospital to see us and just sitting in the rocking chair in the corner holding her for a really long time! Seems like yesterday:) It sounds like you are absolutely enjoying yourself! I give you a lot of credit, I think I would have been on a plane back home by now. I think of you often and can't wait for you to come home so we can go shopping and to dinner again. Be safe! Have fun with your parents next week. I'll check in again soon. Love You!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna, I think you will be quite a cook when you get home. I am interested by the fact that most of your journals include the latest thing you cooked!! Also am excited for your parents to be able to visit you. We will always remember how wonderful it was to visit our College students...one in France for a year and the other in London for a semester. Enjoy!