Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I just needed to splurge...

It was very hot today and when I walked 15 min. to my tutorial that didn't happen I was frustrated. So, in a very classic girl style, I splurged on some treats. I bought myself a loaf of bread and then some chocolate spread. The cocoa is made here and it is mixed with peanut butter- sort of like nutella. Then I had a few lollipops I have been hiding from myself. By the time I was going to drumming I was coming off my sugar high and feeling gross- to say the least.

I fixed that feeling later when I went to play basketball. Cavin wasn't there today so I had to play with different guys. Granted, I knew them and had played against them, but they were not as good at playing with a girl. Also, recently I have been noticing a significant amount of mosquito bites on my calves and couldn't figure out why. Tonight I did. Apparently, because I have been running around I haven't noticing them attacking me. Better remember some spray tomorrow.

Here's a cool image: On the opposite court from me tonight a group of international students were playing with Ghanaians. There were Americans, Germans, Asians, and Ghanaians all mixed and playing basketball. I thought it was really cool to see, especially coming from the less-than-diverse towns of Roxbury and Elon.

Another thing I forgot to mention. All the Ghanaian students seem to have a weird obsession with being in the U.S. Military. Whenever I mention that Stephen is pilot they want to see pictures and several has told me they want to get a green card and join. I think it is interesting that they would rather be in our military than theirs and I will try and investigate where these ideas come from.

I also treated myself to a mango tonight for dessert. You haven't lived until having a Ghana mango.

If you haven't noticed yet, this is a random combination of information. I was trying to keep this interesting for everyone. My day’s events are becoming more and more usual- at least to me. I am so in love with this place that I am already starting to worry about leaving. Classic me- always stressing...

No comments: