Monday, April 14, 2008

Mom and Dad are here!

Kindy cried when my parents got off the plane today. I didn't, but I was majorly happy. They finally got off the plane around 7:50 and then we settled in and got breakfast before my dance class. Mom and Dad were impressed with the moves (not mine in particular, but the Ghanaian's) but they were really tired after so I got them a quick drink and then sent them to rest. Dad was sweating all day and Mom seemed a little lost but it should get easier with time.

We went to Lebanese food for dinner because I didn't want to throw them into Ghanaian food too soon. Getting in and out of the taxis was an adventure too, with Dad being so big and the car so small. It should be quite the journey.

Thanks to everyone that sent me something and also Callie and Laura for the cards I got today. My letter from Callie was a nice taste of home and Laura sent me a picture of Steve and I had never seen before. What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Meja Churyk said...

I'm glad Aunt Joan and Uncle Mike got there safely! Tell them I sad "Hello". Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with them. Have fun!! Love ya.