Yet another story from the chronicles of Jenna's life.
I was sitting on a cement wall waiting for friends in my drumming class to arrive, playing games on my phone, trying not to make eye contact with too many people. (I have found that if you make eye contact, especially with males, it means you are now their white friend who wants to sit and talk about life and marriage with them...so I try to avoid it at all costs. I am getting really good at my phone games). I feel someone staring and then see a male approach me. "I have seen you before," he says. Now I am interested. I ask where with a bit too much hope in my voice. Then I get the best answer I have ever heard, "Heaven." I explain to the man that I have not yet been to heaven and he responds with the logical- "I am a prophet." He proceeds to sit down next to me while I desperately rack my brain for something witty to say. Thankfully, a few of my friend walk by and I tell him I must go. "But I love you. Can I have your number?" he pleads. Then is hits me, "If God believes in us, fate will bring us together."
Witty? I thought so. I think, in true Jenna fashion, I told everyone I saw about it. Heaven, seriously? Corniest line ever.
I made oatmeal with Tell this morning and added some apples and bananas. It really was amazing. I remembered, just in time that today was Wednesday and not Thursday and rushed to class. I found out that I have a midterm in the class in two weeks that I should probably prepare for. I am actually excited to study a bit; I have been missing note cards.
Left my drumming class feeling a bit antsy so I put on my basketball clothes and went to see if anyone was playing. I ended up shooting around for a bit with a few guys before playing two-on-two. They invited me back to play any time, though, which was cool (probably based more on the fact that I am a girl and white than my actual skill). Went to poetry again with the gang. I actually read a few things I wrote in past week and we ended with a really nice discussion. Next week's theme is "If I didn't have a conscious..." which should be really interesting. I think a Wednesday tradition of good food, class, basketball, and poetry is an awesome combo I would love to keep.
Tonight I will sleep happy...
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jenna, you might want to think about a career change. You would be an awesome storyteller! May life continue to be so interesting! XOXOX, Mom
Post a Comment