My only plans for the day were to go to my two classes- neither of which happened. I went to my Nutrition class expecting to get a lot done because we just took the midterm last week, but found that my teacher was not there and we would just be getting our tests back today. Also, with some further questioning I found out that there would be no more class. Yup, you guessed it; my final will be on the same information as my midterm- makes sense, right? My drumming class was also non-existent because the drumming teachers are on strike. By on strike, I mean they are just hanging out in the music department refusing to work. Other than spending the majority of my day walking to my two "classes" I didn't do all that much.
Avra's Mom, Avra, Duncan, Tell, and I went to dinner with a close friend of Avra's family and had the most amazing Indian food. The lack of good food on a normal basis has resulted in overindulgence whenever I get the chance so the past week has been rough. Luckily, Tell and I decided to travel to Ankasa forest reserve this weekend where we will be camping with practically no food. This way I can binge and purge without trying! Just kidding- I don't know if I mentioned this or not but in Ghana it is an extremely nice compliment to tell someone they are gaining weight (it implies that the person is very healthy and has the money to fund themselves properly). As we all know, telling someone they are getting fat really isn't so nice in the United States. Also, the Ghanaians are rather blunt so I think I would have been told already if I was gaining too much weight.
Anyways, I don't know why I am rambling so much. I really need to get to bed so Tell and I can get an early start tomorrow. The plan is the spend tomorrow night in the forest and then meet Duncan and a few other friends at the beach for the rest of the weekend. I will be back Sunday afternoon/evening to rest up before the arrival of Stephen's parents Monday morning. What an amazing two weeks I have planned!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment