I recently received a card from Stephen’s sister where she told me she wished she could have a blog for her everyday life that people wanted to read. Most of the time, when I am writing this, I do feel like it is my everyday life and nothing too interesting is really happening.
Yesterday the internet was down so I had to get up and write it today. I woke up early to go with Vera to church. She attends MPU (Methodist Presbyterian Union) and the service is held in central cafeteria. We arrived around 7:45 and there were several people already there. Vera is an usher so I had to sit by myself, but she gave me her bible and hymn book to use. The service didn’t start until around 8:15 so for the first 20 min. there were bible study skits put on by students. They were really funny, but hard for me to understand without microphones and with their accents. The service was a lot like the ones I attend at home and at Elon. The sermon was given by a guest speaker, successful mother of three, because it was ladies Sunday. When the singing began, though, it was as you would expect in an African church. At first it took my breath away- hundreds of young voices praising the Lord at the top of their lungs. Most people swayed with the music and some lifted their hands in praise. Unfortunately, I didn’t know the words so I just hummed along.
After the service I rushed back to my room because I was starving. Vera had woke me up in a little rush so I only ate a banana and the service was 2 hours. When I got back I made myself French toast (amazing!) and hung out. Ato and his roommate Ben came over for a bit, Duncan and I played cards, I did some homework and read Harry Potter. Before I knew it the afternoon had snuck up on me so I went for a run and got a nice big dinner. I got to talk with my parents last night for awhile- we are all getting excited for their arrival in two weeks! Today I am sending my mom the list of things I would like her to bring me and, let me tell you, it is quite a list. Dad told me he and Seth had already picked me up several things of candy so I was so excited.
My first dance exam is in a few hours so I better get a move on. A few of us obrunis are going early to practice. Wish me luck!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment