I was so creative with my food today. This morning I bought gari (ground cassava in a powder-like form) and mixed it with water, cream, and sugar. It was like a soft cereal thing, or cold oatmeal. Tell told me that you can also add less milk and let it form into a dough-like substance and eat it with stew, etc. Neither of these descriptions do justice to the amazing thing I ate this morning. I also added a bit of banana to it and was in heaven…until lunch. I had a loaf of bread that was starting to get hard so I sliced it and toasted it with butter (in a skillet, there are no toasters here). I wanted a little kick so I added a little bit of pasta sauce (a different, sweeter kind with veggies) to the pieces of bread. It was an awesome little snack.
Other than making food I spent most of me day just lounging. I actually worked for few hours (yes HOURS) on a paper for class. I thought I might be on a roll and do something other reading, but I got sidetracked with card games with Duncan and Kindy and then went to watch a few basketball games with Erin.
Tonight we are going to watch 300 on my laptop. I am excited but know that I will probably miss half of the show because we will all be talking. Also, I am going to give Harry Potter another chance so I am starting the first one tonight. Mostly this is because a lot of people have been asking me to try it again (including Stephen for the past few years), but partially because I have already finished all the books I originally brought with me. It should be interesting.
Oh! Today I got 2 cards from home! One awesome Easter card from Tracy and a nice little love note from Mom. I can’t believe it is already the end of March. I guess time flies..
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment