Monday, March 24, 2008
What can we make with a blender?...A milkshake, of course!
Avra and I have wanted a blender since the day we stepped foot in Africa. We have gotten a few smoothies but they are expensive and not always worth it. So, today was the day we took matters into our own hands. We did not have any classes today so we slept in and had egg sandwiches for breakfast before we headed to Medina for some shopping. Avra and I picked up a whole bunch of veggies and more pans and a skillet so we could cook this afternoon and then we made the big decision to get a blender. From this the best meal ever came to life. While I was out running Avra and Jesse took over the kitchen cooking peppers, okra, zucchini, and all sorts of other goodies. I came back, made some amazing pasta, and nibbled on everyone else’s dinners. For dessert Avra and I walked 15 min. (because nowhere else was open) for ice cream. We put the ice cream, groundnut butter (the Ghanaian equivalent of peanut butter), vanilla soy milk, and chocolate powder in our new blender and made heaven. I was so happy; Avra said it was my Easter dessert. I guess I deserved it. Overall a pretty regular day, I won't bore you with more details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment