Ya. It happened. Yesterday was my one month anniversary of my arrival in Ghana and it was a good one, until I got sick. I went to dance and then religion class and was planning on having a nice night hanging out with my friends when I was suddenly overcome with the feeling of nausea. After three consecutive trips to the bathroom to throw up, I felt a little bit better. I tried to go to bed early but, in true Ghanaian fashion, my roommate had all the lights on, a few friends over, and was using my computer. I am tired this morning to say the least- but feeling much better. I am not sure what exactly gave me the food poisoning, but I think it was some cabbage I had with my yam for dinner. I guess I won't be having that again.
Planning on having a lay day today and maybe going into Osu for some groceries. Happy birthday to my Mom and Aunt Ju-Ju yesterday and Seth tomorrow!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you're feeling better! I can't believe you've been gone for a month already, time really flies...FYI, it's about time for our 3rd annual road trip so we're going to have to plan something for when you are home for the summer! :)
Dear Jenna, I enjoy following your adventure in Ghana. You already were pretty special and this will add to your perspective and influence all you do in life. Hope you do let those clothes dry well in the sun and avoid that nasty parasite.
Take care, Gretchen Collins
This is Walt. First i would like to say JJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAA....i miss you. Secondly i hope you are not crying over a little food posioning....lol! Glad to hear you got better and hope you continue to enjoy your time in the motherland!!!!!!
Post a Comment