Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hey! That's my favorite baseball team at home.

There is Yankees apparel everywhere here. A lot of boys can be seen with hats, but I have also seen shorts and shirts. I have seen no Red Sox stuff. How do you like that? Anyways, the point is that while bargaining you tend to get the best deals if you buddy-up the seller and today my guy happened to be wearing a Yankees hat. I complimented him and then we spent some time talking about the Irish soccer jersey I was wearing. In the end I cut the price more than half and walked away two shirts richer. Unfortunately, even when I cut the price in half I could still be being ripped off. They tend to jack up the prices when they see my skin color, but I am definitely getting better.

I had a nice smoothie while I was in Osu and then my geography class got cancelled, so I was really happy. I moved to cloud nine when I made a friend who promised to sit with my during class so that I would be sure to understand everything that was going on. I tend to be able to understand all my professors but when my classmates comment I almost always can't hear them. An overall classic college day, nothing too exciting. Then again, things are always exciting here.

No comments: